God's Sense of Humor

Well, I know it has been forever since I posted anything and that certainly was not my intention but you know how life is. Here's a short list of what has been going on: 2 graduate courses wrapping up, finished a 100 page yearbook for school, planned/hosted DS's 4th birthday, got DD over her first ear infection, and spent the last week trying to tame my allergies while not being able to take anything. (I'm sure I left out a few things but you get the idea.) Even this week is crazy, I have to write my final paper for one class, take the final exam for another, distribute 450 yearbooks and take DD to the doctor--all in the next 3 days! Stressed--you bet!

So what does this have to do with God's sense of humor? Well, Sunday I saw the quarterly women's devotional published by our church and picked it up. Certainly I have great hopes of being one of those people who rise with the sun and spend and hour in communion with our Lord but somehow it just doesn't ever happen but I figured a one paragraph devotional I could handle, for now. Now for the funny part, today's message "Don't get worked up-for when you are on overload." Now I know some people call that coincident, I call it God loves me and wanted me to know he is here for me. Sure, I don't know the author and they don't know my circumstances which makes it all the more obvious that God wrote this just for me. He wanted me to know that even if I can't make it up to see the sun rise and spend an hour with Him, He still knows my heart and needs and wants to meet me there.

With all that could/will/does go wrong/right/crazy today, one this is for certian, God sent a special message just for me today. If the creator of the universe (remember to use your He-Man voice) can send me a note saying, "take it easy, I'm still in charge and you're going to be okay" then how bad a day can it be?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you synced lately?

Are you robbing God?

I Can Change!