I Can Change!

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.



Earlier today I was reading a chapter on believing God can change us. Change happens all the time, yet we often think that we can't change--even though we see that everything around us does. What makes us special? Nothing, well, nothing we have done. Change comes from above, not within. So often we make the mistake of wanting something to be different without actually wanting to change or even trying to. I want change in my life, but I haven't done much to create it. Partially because I am afraid, partially because I feel the circumstances are so far beyond my control it's not worth the effort. The truth is nothing is beyond God's control and, if I am following His instructions, I should not be afraid. (see Phil 4:6) We must remember that when we accept Christ we are changed, we are new. Bad habits can be broken, old fears can be let go, and new attitudes and actions have arrived; however, all that can only come if we truly believe what God is telling us, that we are a new creation in him.



Father, your word tells us we are a new creation if we are in you. Lord, I claim your promise that the old is gone and the new has come. Grant me the strength to let go of my old ways and embrace the new changes living in you brings. Thank you that you love me enough to grow me into the woman you called me to be and not leave me as I was. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you synced lately?

Are you robbing God?

Time Consuming